Golden Triangle and Goa Tour
Route : Delhi Agra Jaipur Goa
Arrive Delhi, the capital city of India
Arrive in India, for your Golden Triangle and Goa Tour
- Arrive Delhi
- Welcome at airport
- Transfer to hotel
Day in Delhi
Discover the first city of your Golden Triangle and Goa Tour, pacing through Delhi, the city which is as historic as modern, like 2 sides of the same coin!
AM: Sightseeing tour of Old Delhi, includes a visit to
- Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India
- Chandani Chownk, ‘silver street’, one of the largest trading centres of India
- Drive past Red Fort, the place that marked the announcement of India’s freedom from the British Raj
- Raj Ghat, cremation site of Mahatma Gandhi
PM: Sightseeing tour of New Delhi, includes a visit to
- Qutab Minar, a fine example of Indo-Islamic architecture and the worlds tallest minaret
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, the largest Sikh temple of Delhi, with a gold tomb, still in active worship
- Photo stop at India Gate, the war memorial arch built in honour of the soldiers who died in the second world war
- Drive past President's House, Parliament House and other Government Secretariat Buildings, the most imposing features of Lutyen’s Delhi
Drive to Agra, land of the Taj Mahal
Continue to the second highlight of your Golden Triangle and Goa Tour, discovering the Mughal city of Agra, home to the beautiful wonder of the world, the Taj Mahal
- Drive to Agra, enroute visit Sikandra, the tomb of Mughal Emperor Akbar
- Afternoon at leisure
- Optional: watch a fantastic show “Mohabbat the Taj – The saga of love”, staging the largest replica of the Taj Mahal, and presenting the Taj in its various shades and seasons.
Day in Agra
Enjoy the epitome of your Golden Triangle and Goa Tour, with a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal
- Rise early to experience the awe-inspiring beauty of the eternal symbol of love, the Taj Mahal. Often referred to as a poem in white marble, Taj Mahal displays the saga of love between Emperor Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal.
- Visit Agra fort, which is built in red sandstone and has magnificent palaces, halls of public and private audience and beautiful gardens
- Visit marble inlay workshops – watch artisans creating magical beauty with marble and indulge in exquisite shopping in this historic city of Agra
Drive to Jaipur, the pink capital city of Rajasthan
Experience the richness and warmth of your Golden Triangle and Goa Tour, with a visit to Jaipur in Rajasthan
- Drive to Jaipur, enroute visiting Fatehpur Sikri, the crowning glory of Emperor Akbar's architectural legacy. Built in red sandstone, its numerous palaces, halls, and structures exemplify the creativity of erstwhile Mughal emperors.
- Enjoy a spectacular view of 7th – 8th century Abhaneri Stepwells
- Enjoy a heritage walk in the old city of Jaipur, seeing life along the small alleys and by-lanes. Interact with the local artisans enamelling jewels with local ‘meenakari’ work, along with goldsmiths and silversmiths of the region
- Visit gems, jewels and carpet weaving factories – watch artisans creating unique masterpieces and enjoy haggling for souvenirs in colourful bazaars of Jaipur
Day in Jaipur
Cherish the splendour of your Golden Triangle and Goa Tour, with a tour of this princely city of Jaipur, which is built in 9 rectangular sectors symbolising 9 divisions of the universe, as per Indian cosmology
- Visit the splendid Amber fort, which was built in the 16th century. An elephant ride (subject to availability) will help you ascend to this hilltop fort. Alternatively, you could choose to walk or drive up to the fort.
- Photo stop at Hawa Mahal, the palace of winds. This palace consists of long corridors and a decorated facade with its innumerable windows and screened balconies, especially built for the royal women to view processions along the cities main street.
- Visit the City Palace complex, reflecting the architectural exuberance of Jaipur. The complex consists of a variety of museums and a part of the palace is still the royal residence of the Maharaja of Jaipur
- Visit Jantar Mantar, the ancient astronomical observatory
Fly to Goa – the beach paradise of India
Relax and rejuvenate in your Golden Triangle and Goa Tour with a visit to the beach paradise of Goa
- Transfer to airport to catch your flight to Goa.
- Enjoy an evening at leisure at your beach resort in Goa
Day in Goa
Visit old Goa and enrich yourself with the knowledge of Goan spices on this day of your Golden Triangle with Goa Tour
- Take a half day tour of new and old Goa seeing the typical Portuguese Goan architecture, the old Goan churches and the Basilica of Bom Jesus, where the remains of St Francis Xavier lie in a dazzling silver casket.
- Visit spice plantations of Goa. Spices play a very important role in Indian cuisine and Ayurvedic medical treatments. Learn about the various spices grown in Goa and their curative properties
Day 9, 10, 11
Days in Goa
Time at leisure for you to relax and unwind at the serene beaches in Goa and enjoy the various spa treatments and facilities offered by your resort.
Bid goodbye to India, as you reach the finale of your Golden Triangle with Goa Tour.
- You will be transferred to the airport to catch your flight for onward destination.